Terms and conditions
These are the terms and conditions of use for the for Naomi House website. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions:
This website is owned and managed by Wessex Children's Hospice Trust. Our registered office is at Naomi House, Stockbridge Road, Sutton Scotney, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 3JE. For the purpose of these terms and conditions, 'us'we' and 'our' refer to Wessex Childrens' Hospice Trust. References to Wessex Childrens' Hospice Trust include Naomi House Children's Hospice Limited, our trading subsidiary.
These terms and conditions apply to this website only.
Your use of the website constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
We may change these terms and conditions from time to time, and post any revised terms on the website. Your continued use of the website implies your consent to any such changes.
If you have any questions please contact us.
This website is intended to provide information about the activities of Wessex Childrens' Hospice Trust, and to allow patrons to make donations/contributions to the Trust.
We make every effort to ensure that the information on our website is up to date and correct but we cannot guarantee that it is 100 per cent free of inaccuracies, errors or omissions. In particular, where information is provided to or compiled by us, we endeavour to ensure that it is the most complete and accurate information available but we cannot take responsibility for any inaccuracies, omissions or errors attributable to the author of such materials.
Wessex Childrens' Hospice Trust is not responsible for ensuring the availability of the website or the timeliness or otherwise of any content or information being made available to you.
We reserve the right to replace or amend any part of the website at any time without notice.
Changes to these terms and conditions:
Limitation of Liability:
Please be aware that any decision made by users of our site on the basis of the information on them, is the sole responsibility of the user. Whilst we take reasonable efforts to ensure that our website does not contain any viruses, trojans, or other malicious software, you should take your own precautions to ensure the integrity of your system and data. We do not give any warranty as to the availability of the website, and we reserve our right to take it down for any reason whatsoever in our absolute discretion.
We do not accept liability (as far as permitted by law) for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, or consequential) arising from any use of the website or reliance on the information of links included in the website.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, or the negligence of our employees.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense (including reasonable legal fees) related to any breach by you of these terms and conditions or arising from your use of our website.
Use of the website is subject to English law. All claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with the use of the site shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England. However, we reserve the right to bring proceedings in the courts of the country of your residence.
Trademarks and copyright:
Copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights on our website are owned or licensed to Wessex Childrens' Hospice Trust, unless otherwise stated. You are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any applicable copyright laws and regulations.
We would be delighted to see our materials used more widely, and You are free to copy, distribute and transmit the material on the website under the following conditions:
Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
Non-commercial. You may not use this work for commercial or business purposes without prior written consent from Wessex Children's Hospice Trust.
No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Our permission to reproduce copyright material does not extend to any material on these websites that is copyright material of any other person.
If you do wish to use any material from our website for any commercial or business purpose, you must write for permission to the Company Secretary at Naomi House, Stockbridge Road, Sutton Scotney, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 3JE. Give us the full details of what you want to use and how you plan to use it, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Links to other websites:
Links from other websites:
We welcome links to our website. If you want to display the content of our website surrounded or framed by material not originating from Wessex Childrens' Hospice Trust you must obtain prior written permission from Wessex Childrens' Hospice Trust. Please contact email@example.com for such permission.
Any link to our website must comply with the following conditions:
- The link must consist of the following text only: Wessex Children’s Hospice Trust or Naomi House and the URL in respect of which Wessex Childrens' Hospice Trust's consent has been given:
- The link must not create the false impression that your organisation or any of its products or services, is recommended by or associated in any way with Wessex Children's Hospice Trust.
- The existence of the link, its position, appearance or any other aspect of it must not damage or be likely to damage the name or reputation of Wessex Childrens' Hospice Trust:
- Selection of the link by a user must display our website as a full screen and not within a frame on the website on which the link appears:
- You shall take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the use and existence of the link does not cause the transmission to any Wessex Children's Hospice Trust website of viruses or other deleterious programming routines.
We reserve the right to require the removal of any link to our website at any time (whether or not previous consent to such link has been given).
Refund of donations:
Unfortunately the Trust is unable to refund any donations made online or by text.
If you have a query about any information contained in this website please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to your query within 2 working days.
Text to Donate:
We use JustTextGiving for our Text to Donate service. JustTextGiving (applies to the UK only).
JustTextGiving is one of JustGiving's associated services. It is a text giving service that processes donations and JustGiving reclaims Gift Aid on behalf of the charities featured on it. JustGiving does not currently charge charities or donors for this service, although JustGiving reserves the right to charge the transaction fee in the future. If JustGiving does decide to charge for the service, JustGiving will tell you in advance.
Text donations may be refunded in certain circumstances (such as where the donation was sent from your mobile phone by mistake or without your permission) at the absolute discretion of your mobile phone operator. If you wish to request a refund you should contact your mobile phone operator to discuss this with them. There is no obligation for your mobile phone operator to provide a refund and they may choose to refund only part of the donation if they wish. Because JustGiving pays donations via text to charities regularly, we regret that we can only refund a text donation if the charity expressly requests it, and they can pay us back. Please get in touch with the charity first.
Your mobile operator will pass 100% of the text donation onto JustGiving. The minimum text donation is GBP £1 and all donations must be in whole pounds sterling. The maximum text donation allowed is GBP £10 for all mobile operators. Donations sent via text will usually incur your standard text message fee. Please refer to your tariff for details of your standard text message fee.
After you send a donation via text JustGiving will send you a text message in response, confirming your donation and providing you with the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation. JustGiving will include a link to a Gift Aid page where you can provide your details to enable JustGiving to collect Gift Aid on your behalf. Alternatively, JustGiving may send you a text message asking if you would like to add Gift Aid to your donation and to reply to this text message giving your name, address and postcode. If you reply to JustGiving text messages regarding Gift Aid your mobile operator will charge you one standard text message fee.
JustGiving fees - All payments referred to in these Terms of Service are exclusive of Value Added Tax, where applicable.
Naomi House and Jacksplace can be found on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn. We post about our events and daily updates from the hospice.
Please note: To protect the privacy of children, young people and families in our care, we may not be able to respond to certain tweets, posts and messages about those we support.
The Naomi House Lottery is registered with the Gambling Commission and fully supports GambleAware TM in promoting responsible gambling. If you have any concerns about this lottery or would like to see a copy of our complaints procedure please call our lottery helpdesk on 01962 826859.
Christmas Charity Lottery:
This competition is in association with Beals Estate Agents and Richmond Motor Group. This competition is part of our Christmas Lottery Bumper Draw, and the above Lottery terms and conditions apply.
The prizes are:
You must be 16 or over to play. £1 per entry. The draw will take place on 16.12.2016.
You must read and accept the waiver before you register for one of our events. If you have any questions regarding any of the points below, please call us to discuss them on 01962 760060 before you register.
- I agree to abide by all instructions given from the staff, volunteers and medical personnel.
- I agree to listen to the inflatable staff at all times and understand only two participants are allowed on an inflatable at all times.
- I agree to not inhale or ingest foam, or any part of the course.
- I agree, understand and acknowledge the Naomi House & Jacksplace Foam Fest is an extreme event and accept all risks associated with the event.
- I agree that I am physically, mentally, and medically able to complete the course and all obstacles.
- I confirm that I am at least 12 years old or older. I understand that I could be asked to prove my age and if I am under 12 years, I will be unable to complete the event.
- I agree to not urinate or defecate anywhere other than designated areas.
- I agree to wear my wave wristband clearly throughout the race.
- I agree to not consume alcohol, ingest any medicines or substances that will inhibit my mental or physical ability to safely and effectively participate in the Naomi House & Jacksplace Foam Fest.
- I agree to not bring drugs or alcohol onto the premises.
- I agree to not change, alter or abuse the course or obstacles that take place thereon.
- I agree to use respectful language and actions.
- I agree to obey all civil, parks, criminal laws and event rules at all times.
- I understand photos and videos will be taken during the event. I give permission to the organiser to use my photograph and/or any other record of my participation in the Naomi House & Jacksplace Foam Fest for any legitimate purpose.
- I understand that my entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Clarendon Way Walk:
I confirm that I wish to enter the Clarendon Way Walk and understand that I do it at my own risk and that Naomi House & Jacksplace will not accept liability for any injury or loss that may occur as a result of my participation. I understand that I will need to arrange a lift if I am unable to complete the walk. I agree that medical advice should be sought from a general practitioner if I am in any doubt as to the physical ability required to participate in this event. I confirm that I am aware that photographs taken during the walk may be used to publicise this event and the work of Naomi House generally. I understand that my entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
(The signature of a parent/guardian is required for all participants under the age of 16). I am the parent or the legal guardian of the person registered and I hereby give consent to his/her participation in the walk and understand that he/she takes part in the walk at their own risk and that Naomi House will not be liable for any injury or loss that may occur as a result of his/her participation. I understand that I will need to arrange a lift if he/she is unable to complete the walk. I agree that medical advice should be sought from a general practitioner if I am in any doubt as to the physical ability required to participate in the event. I confirm that I am aware that photographs taken during the walk may be used to publicise this event and the work of Naomi House & Jacksplace generally. I understand that the entry fee paid is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Santa Fun Run:
I/we confirm that I/we wish to enter the Santa Fun Run and understand that I/we do it at my own risk and that Naomi House will not accept liability for any injury or loss that may occur as a result of my participation. The registration fee covers the event expenses and this fee is non-refundable. I/we understand that I/we will need to arrange a lift if I/we am unable to complete the Run. I/we agree that medical advice should be sought from a general practitioner if I/we am in any doubt as to the physical ability required to participate in this event. I/we confirm that I/we am aware that photographs taken during the run may be used to publicise this event and the work of Naomi House generally. I understand that my entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
The permission of a parent/guardian is required for all participants under the age of 16. I, the parent or the legal guardian of the person registered, hereby give consent to their participation in the Santa Fun Run and understand that they take part in the run at their own risk and that Naomi House will not be liable for any injury or loss that may occur as a result of her participation. The registration fee covers the event expenses and this fee is non-refundable. I understand that I will need to arrange a lift if they are unable to complete the Run. I agree that medical advice should be sought from a general practitioner if I am in any doubt as to the physical ability required to participate in the event. I confirm that I am aware that photographs taken during the run may be used to publicise this event and the work of Naomi House generally. I understand that the entry fee paid is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Amazon Fire Tablet competition:
Amazon Fire Tablet free prize draw terms and conditions:
- The promoter is: Naomi House & Jacksplace (charity no.1002832) Registered in England No. 2601495.
- The competition is open to existing supporters of Naomi House & Jacksplace, who reside inside the United Kingdom and are aged 16 years or over. Employees of Naomi House & Jacksplace and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition will not be entered.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 05/05/2017. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- You can enter at the Downton Cuckoo Fayre on Saturday 29th April 2017.
- Naomi House & Jacksplace reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Naomi House & Jacksplace.
- Naomi House & Jacksplace is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as Naomi House & Jacksplace is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows:
- The prize is one new Amazon Fire Tablet.
- The prize is not transferable.
- Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be chosen
- by 06/05/2017
- at random via www.miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/
- The winner will be notified by their preferred method of communication (email/phone/post) within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Naomi House & Jacksplace will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- Naomi House & Jacksplace decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Naomi House & Jacksplace have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this web page.
- Naomi House & Jacksplace also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.