We teamed up with long term supporter and musician, Ben Dlugokecki, and 30 local musicians to create a Naomi House & Jacksplace charity single, called 'Forevermore'. Check out the music video below, and continue reading to get involved in the Forevermore Project.
What is the Forevermore Project?
Music is an essential and joyful part of life at Naomi House & Jacksplace and is hugely beneficial for the children and young adults visiting the hospices. So, because it means so much to us here, we decided to launch the Forevermore Project - a music initiative encouraging local schools, colleges, universities and musical groups to get creative and support Naomi House & Jacksplace!
How do I get involved?
Music groups assemble! We're challenging you to learn this awesome song, and then create, record and submit your very own version in a music video! Your video will be entered into a competition, which will be judged by an expert music panel, and the winning group will get the chance to perform for Naomi House & Jacksplace, a one off pressed vinyl of the song with the artwork sleeve decorated by children at Naomi House & Jacksplace and a brand new Audient iD4 interface! This is also a fundraising initiative, so we are encouraging schools and groups to put on performances of the song and encourage donations to Naomi House & Jacksplace. There will be awesome prizes available for the groups that raise the most amount of money.
Forevermore has been written in a way to be truly adaptable for budding musicians. We want you get your creative hats on and come up with a truly unique version of Forevermore. There are no limits to this video - use whatever instruments you’d like and we would definitely recommend adding in a dance move or two to ensure sure your entry stands out to the judging panel!
You don’t need to be the best singer, dancer or musician, we just want you and your group to have a good time enjoying the power of music and the amazing positive effect it can have on every single person, whilst raising vital funds and awareness for Naomi House & Jacksplace. You also don’t need to be the best camera operator – just grab a phone or tablet, hit record and shoot your fantastic performance!
Let's do this!
If you want to take part in the Forevermore Project, please get in touch with our Regional Fundraiser, Lucy Gray, by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling: 01962 760060 and asking to speak to Lucy.
We can provide you with tips on how to get started, advice on how to make this initiative part of your school's music curriculum, lyrics and all types of musical notes, fundraising advice and so much more, so please get in touch!
To fundraise for this project on JustGiving, please click here to create your page!
The Forevermore Pack
- Click here to download the Forevermore song lyrics
- Click here to download the school music curriculum
We didn't want to make the pack too long, so we've made the musical notes available for you to download individually below, available for whatever instrument you choose to include in your version of Forevermore!
- Click here to download the full score
- Click here to download the voice and backing vocals notes
- Click here to download the guitar notes
- Click here to download the bass notes
- Click here to download the drum set notes
- Click here to download the piano notes
- Click here to download the piano reduction notes
- Click here to download the ukelele notes
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/7ht3fJNzVb0Sl0vUMlymPa
- iTunes/Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/us/album/forevermore-single-version/1500831105?ign-mpt=uo%3D4
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0859CLNXD/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_-N.wEbQGDG0JV
- YouTube Music: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=CUvbzUgZiew
- Deezer: https://www.deezer.com/album/133933552?utm_source=deezer&utm_content=album-133933552&utm_term=0_1582850105&utm_medium=web
Post, tweet and share!
Don't forget to shout about your involvement on social media! Naomi House & Jacksplace are across all 4 major social platforms, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, so please share your video on as many channels as possible to get the word out about us, encourage donations to your fundraising pages, and encourage more groups to get involved with this campaign.
Be sure to tag us with @naomiandjack, using the handle #ForevermoreSong.
Photo credit: Aidan Hampson Photography
Video credit: Laurent Metrich - Shortcuts Video