In these times of lockdown when travelling is restricted and our holiday plans are cancelled, don’t get downhearted because you can’t get away to your favourite campsite, get your tent out of the garage, dust it off and get ready for the Great Garden Getaway!
This summer, pitch in at home by shaking out those sleeping bags and spending the night under canvas, camped out in your own back garden! Donate the £20 pitch fee to Naomi House & Jacksplace and you could help fund an hour of vital, high quality nursing care from our specialist nurses, helping seriously ill children and young adults across the south of England.
The Covid 19 global pandemic has badly affected the income for Naomi House & Jacksplace. With our charity shops closed and our fundraising events postponed, we need your support now more than ever. Pitch in at home and help raise vital funds for your local hospices, all while having some great outdoor fun!
Camping helps us connect with the wonderful sights and sounds of nature. Sit back and relax while watching the sun go down together, experience the wonder of staring up at the stars in the beautiful night sky as you lie back on the grass, and wake up to the glorious sound of birdsong in the dawn chorus. Enjoy the delights of cooking outdoors and get your camping cooker out or get some sausages sizzling on the barbecue, and imagine you are in the depths of the British countryside or basking in the heat in your favourite campsite abroad! Light up your fire pit and toast marshmallows, grab your acoustic guitar and play campfire songs, light some sparklers and draw shapes in the night sky, and snuggle round the fire and tell ghost stories!
Don’t worry if you haven’t got a garden or even at tent... Find your blankets, dig out your pegs and make yourself a magnificent den in your living room! Have great fun playing games, telling stories, and you can even have an indoor picnic or a midnight feast by torchlight!
Sign up your family to take part in the Great Garden Getaway by registering below and donating the £20 pitch fee to Naomi House & Jacksplace.
Then, pick an evening (or two, or three!) one weekend, grab your tent and get camping!
**Please note: When signing up, please do not select 'in a team' - please select 'on my own' to just pay the one off £20 registration fee.**
Choose to donate a few extra pounds to Naomi House & Jacksplace during registration and help support our vital work in these unprecedented times.
- Donating an extra £5 for a ‘virtual electric hook up’ could fund an art and craft kit, helping children and young adults express themselves through a world of glorious colour!
- Donating an extra £10 for a ‘premium virtual pitch’ could fund sensory toys, helping children discover the world around them through sensory play!
- Donating an extra £15 for 'Weekend WiFi Access' will give children the chance to experience the wonder and joy of music; an essential part of life at Naomi House & Jacksplace.
Great Garden Getaway fundraising activities
Make your weekend even more exciting by organising Great Garden Getaway Challenges and fundraising activities! Plan challenges for your weekend and ask your friends and family to sponsor you to raise money for Naomi House & Jacksplace.
Here are a few suggestions, but feel free to get creative and come up with your own!
- See how many times can you run around your garden carrying your 5 litre water containers.
- See how many bounces you can do on your trampoline.
- What about a sing-a-thon - grab your guitar and sing campfire songs!
- Sponsored silence (mum and dad will love this!)
- Set yourself a challenge to see how many S’mores you can eat in three minutes. Share with your friends and family on Facebook Live!
Fill your Great Garden Getaway with lots of exciting activities with the children. Enjoy the fresh air by organising a treasure hunt around the garden, making a nature collage, or searching for minibeasts.
Your Great Garden Getaway will give you all the excitement of camping, but all the benefits of being at home, with your own bathroom, no packing and no travelling, all to help Naomi House & Jacksplace in these unprecedented times.