Face your fear of heights and take on a Wing Walk!
Take on the ultimate challenge for your local hospices and stand on the wing of a bi-plane as it circles and flies through the sky with our Wing Walk!
Wing Walking is an innovative and exciting way to fundraise for Naomi House & Jacksplace, to celebrate a special occasion, to face your fear or heights, or to purchase something unique for a loved one!
The event is hosted by The Wing Walk Company, the modern day equivalent of the Barnstorming Pioneers, who would've travelled the country in the 20’s and 30’s as part of a flying circus, bringing aviation based activities to your local area. The Wing Walk Company Display Pilots and Ground Crew have a real passion for aviation and are on hand to pass on their knowledge and enthusiasm to you.
Prices are £99 per person.
Your entry fee only covers the cost of your participation, so we ask each walker to kindly aim to raise £550 sponsorship to help make a difference and contribute towards the invaluable work of the hospices.
Wing Walking Criteria
Please note: You must adhere to the following criteria to be able to take part in a Wing Walk.
- The Wing Walker must be aged between 18 - 65 years of age
- If the Wing Walker is between 66 – 75 years of age, a GP’s declaration of good health for their age is required
- The Wing Walker must weigh no more than 85kgs (13st 4lb)
- The Wing Walker must be able to climb up to the rig, situated on the wing of the aeroplane, unassisted
- The Wing Walker must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs on the day of the flight
- The Wing Walker cannot participate in a wing walk if they are pregnant
- The Wing Walker will be required to sign a declaration of fitness at the briefing, this will confirm that they do not suffer from; high blood pressure, epilepsy, fainting, blackouts / dizziness, heart or lung disease, drug or alcohol addiction and mental illness. Individuals with diabetes are accepted if managed with medication or diet
- The Wing Walker must be able to withstand the wind pressures experienced while flying at speeds of up to 120mph
- The Wing Walker will need to be available for a 90 minute time slot, from the point of briefing, on the day of their wing walker